Simple ways to cut 100 calories that you’ll never miss:
- Replace a cup of pasta or rice with a cup of vegetables.
- Order a 6-inch turkey or chicken sub instead of one made with tuna salad or cold cuts.
- Have a whole-grain English muffin instead of a large bagel or croissant.
- Choose vegetable soup instead of cream-based tomato or mushroom soup.
- Snack on vegetables and low-fat yogurt dip instead of chips and salsa.
To burn 100 extra calories: Add a 15- to 20-minute power walk to your daily activity; do intense yard or house work for 30 minutes; or take a 30-minute bicycle ride.